Our experienced legislative team provides up-to-the minute research and analyses of proposed legislation impacting public schools, helping clients smoothly navigate the complexities of evolving legislation. With the financial stresses facing school business operations today, school and district leadership must remain informed.
Moak Casey has built a complex, multi-district school finance model capable of assessing the impact of school finance policy and information changes on every school district in Texas. This model generates the basic state and local revenue estimates for both the current year and at least two future years. Our proprietary single-district model provides excellent information for the individual district, although legislative sessions and interim studies require a multi-district approach.
During the 2019 legislative session, our multi-district model tracked every major policy change to basic school finance formulas considered by the Texas Legislature.
Our legislative services include:
- Bill analysis (including amendments, substitutes, and conference committee reports)
- Fiscal notes for bills
- Joint Resolution (Constitutional amendment) analysis
- Fiscal notes for Joint Resolutions (JR)
- Notice of committee hearings
- Committee hearing notes
- Notice of bill/JR movement
- Notice of bills eligible for the floor of either chamber
- Floor hearing notes
- Weekly conference/video calls discussing bills coming up for a hearing in committee/on the floor
- Notice of the appointment of a conference committee
- Notice of bills/JRs sent to the Governor
- Notice of bills/JRs becoming law