MoakCasey is looking forward to hosting the 2023 Texas Assessment Conference at Kalahari Resorts & Convention Center in Round Rock from Monday, November 6 to Wednesday, November 8.
This year’s theme of “Fostering Excellence Through Change” will give attendees the opportunity to learn with fellow educators, statewide leaders, and national speakers. Be prepared to leave with the very latest information, new assessment item types and formats, and new colleagues and networks. You’ll be ready to lead your district and community in 2024 assessment and accountability.
Here are a few events to add to your calendar! This year, you can also download all conference details through a new mobile app.
1. Don’t miss these keynote speakers at the general sessions. Get all the details in the 2023 Texas Assessment Conference Agenda.
- Opening – Head Coach Todd Dodge, “7x State Champion Head Coach”
- Second – Dr. Doug Fisher, Professional Learning Consultant
- Closing – Commissioner Mike Morath, Texas Education Agency
2. The Academics, Assessments & Accountability team at Moak Casey will be leading a presentation during the conference.
Dazed & Confused: Tales from the 88th Legislature including a promising grant opportunity!
Tuesday, November 7 at 1:30PM
Kalahari Salons F/G
Dr. Toni Riester-Wood and Terry Faucheux
This session will begin with the latest updates from the 88th legislative session and wonderings if it will ever end. We will then shift gears and explore a little-known grant that was created during 87th legislature: The TEA Strong Foundations Grant. We will simplify RBIS & HQIM and hear Lessons Learned from two grant recipient districts: Jefferson ISD & Rice ISD.
3. You’re invited to Social Hour at the Event Barn/Lawn. The event will take place on Tuesday, November 7 from 5:30 PM to 7:30PM. Make sure to stop by and say hi!