MoakCasey is looking forward to hosting the 2022 Texas Assessment Conference at Kalahari Resorts & Convention Center in Round Rock from Monday, November 7 to Wednesday, November 9.
This year’s theme of “Uniting Powerful Teams to Drive Student Performance” will give attendees the opportunity to learn with fellow educators, statewide leaders, and national speakers. Be prepared to leave with the very latest information, new assessment item types and formats, and new colleagues and networks. You’ll be ready to lead your district and community in 2023 assessment and accountability.
Here are a few events to add to your calendar!
1. Don’t miss these general sessions in Kilimanjaro 6. Get all the details in the 2022 Texas Assessment Conference Agenda.
- Opening – Dr. Adolph Brown, “the world’s greatest Edu-tainer”
- Second – Dr. Margaret Spellings, Texas 2036
- Third – Voices from the Field Panel of Legislators and Superintendents
- Closing – Commissioner Mike Morath, Texas Education Agency
2. The Academics, Assessments & Accountability team at Moak Casey will be leading a presentation during the conference.
Back in the Saddle Again: STAAR, Accountability and the Legislature
Tuesday, November 8 at 10:45AM
Kalahari Salons H & I
Terry Faucheux, Dr. Toni Riester-Wood, Dr. Alicia Thomas
The interactive session includes analysis of 2022 Accountability and past performance. News will be provided regarding the development of 2023 accountability system and the target-setting process. Interim charges from the 87th legislative session will be reviewed and timely information about possible hot topics for the 88th legislative session will be covered. There will be an opportunity to participate in a question and answer session.
3. You’re invited to Social Hour at the Event Barn/Lawn. The event will take place on Tuesday, November 8 from 5:30 PM to 7:30PM. Make sure to stop by and say hi!